Erectile dysfunction statistics will always interest any man suffering from erectile dysfunction or impotence because it tells them more about what they are passing through and how to overcome it within a short period of time.
For some years back, there has been a tremendous increase in the number of studies and surveys carried out about the causes, signs and therapy on ED. Meanwhile, for you to get the opinion about your personal problem, it is very important to connect your GP. Stated below are some of the erectile dysfunction statistics that will be helpful to you. If you are able to go through it, you too can learn more about your own case.
- Only 1 in 10 men across the globe are believed to have ED.
- From estimation, half of all men that are suffering from diabetes are also having ED.
- From a survey, it has been discovered that when a man smoke above a packet of cigarettes daily, such man will have 50 percent higher chance of ED when compared to those that are not smoking.
- Those men who are 75 years above have a higher chance of 77.5 percent to suffer from ED.
- Those men who are within the range of ages 20 and 29 only have the chance of 65 percent of having ED.
- It has been believed that ED brings about the breakdown of 20 percent of relationships.
- There was a shocking estimate that only 33 percent of men having ED is in search of help and advice about their issues.
- In case you have issues with your erections, about 20 percent or less, then you may not need any kind of treatment.
- More than 20 million of men across the globe have applied or presently using Viagra in treating their ED.
- When 66 percent of Viagra is taken, those men that used it are able to have strong sexual intercourse.
- About 48 percent of men experience one or more side effects when using Viagra.
- The underlying health problems like cardiovascular disease or diabetes are almost 70 percent when examining the case of impotence.
- When estimated, the case of the causes of impotence through psychology such as anxiety and stress, it was about 10 to 20 percents.
Erectile Dysfunction Statistics: Those That Cannot Take ED Drugs
In the United States presently, almost 35 million men are having erectile dysfunction. Within this range of estimation, there is a conservative estimate of about 15 million men that cannot take ED drugs. These sectors include:
- Diabetic Men
Approximately 17 million men are having diabetes. About 35 to 50 percent of them have ED.
- Men Suffering from Cardiovascular Disease
Those who have been treated as a result of hypertension had 15 percent chances of complete erectile dysfunction but increased to 20 percent for the smokers. Those men who had heart problem had the chance of 39 percent but increased to 56 percent for the smokers.
- Men with Kidney Disease
Almost 13 million men are having a kidney problem. The estimate of 50 percent of male predialysis CKD patients and 80 percent of male dialysis patients are suffering from erectile dysfunction.
The problem can lead to chemical alteration that has a great effect on hormones, functions of nerves, circulation and energy level. This kind of alteration can reduce your sex drive or sexual ability. Medications used to treat kidney problem could also cause erectile dysfunction.
- Men Suffering from High Blood Pressure
Almost 35 million men are suffering from high blood pressure. A research has shown that nearly 49 percent of men between the age group of 40 and 79 that are suffering from hypertension have erectile dysfunction. Another study has shown that 68 percent has some extent of erectile dysfunction but for 45 percent of them, it was regarded as chronic.
- Men Suffering from Prostate Cancer
One out of seven men gets prostate cancer. It has not be proved that prostate cancer causes erectile dysfunction on its own but the treatment for prostate cancer can result in erectile dysfunction.
- Additional Medication Taken By Men
Over 200 different kinds of medication prescribed leads to erectile dysfunction.
- Those men who frequently make use of tobacco, alcohol or some other drugs and not want to go for new medication are expensively asking for erectile dysfunction.
In case you are one of them who are having erectile dysfunction, then this is the right time to visit your doctor for a permanent solution. Do not feel embarrassed because there are many men out there suffering from the erectile problem but are ashamed of being known outside. Doctors will never expose the privacy of their patients. Try as much as possible to connect your doctor instantly for immediate help.
Also, here are other 9 erectile dysfunction statistics:
Men have a great attraction to statistics whether on box scores or mundane achievement; they love to read between the lines. Here are some erectile dysfunction statistics that will be helpful to you:
- One out of four men who are within the range of age 40 is now searching for treatment. A research published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine disclosed that nearly half of these men are suffering from a chronic sexual problem when compared to the 40 percent of men above 40 years of age.
- 50% of the men that love smoking a pack of cigarettes daily have the high tendency of having erectile dysfunction according to UK Health Centre.
- More than 18 million men in the United States are suffering from erectile dysfunction according to the report by John Hopkins study.
- Approximately 33% of men having erectile dysfunction are looking for advice or treatment to cure their problem. This is reported by the UK Health Center.
- The market for medication for erectile dysfunction is expected to become 3.4 billion dollar industry by 2019 in estimation. This was stated by Nasdaq Globe News Wire.
- More than 9% of men in Britain are having erectile dysfunction. This was found in the Journal of Sex research.
- Less than 1% of men who are below age 30 and 3% of men between the age group of 30 and 45 are having erectile dysfunction in the 1940s. This was reported by Kinsey.
These nine erectile dysfunction statistics allow every man to know more about erectile dysfunction problem. Additionally, it is significant to have more knowledge about erectile dysfunction which is treatable. Drugs such as Cialis or Viagra can help men to have an enjoyable sex life but these medications can only be prescribed by a doctor or online consultant. You cannot just go and buy it on your own without any prescription from a doctor. It could be very dangerous to your health.
Why You Need Doctors Prescription For Erectile Dysfunction Treatment?
If you are having any erectile problem and find out that you cannot perform sexually as you used to be, you need to see your doctor for proper diagnosing. Do not use the problem that has been encountered by your friend or somebody else to judge your own. Remember that you have one life and it has no duplicate. The only person that can tell you the truth about what you are passing through health-wise is your doctor. Do not feel ashamed. Visit your doctor and let him know your medical history so as to know what to prescribe. He or she is in the best position to direct you. Do not just go online for purchase of erectile dysfunction drugs. They are highly dangerous to your health if you are not directed. Your doctor will diagnose and prescribe what to use exactly that will target your health predicament. All those drugs you see around have a side effect, do not waste your life or cause havoc to your wellbeing. Let your doctor guide you and within a short period of time, you will get over it if and only if you can adhere strictly to his or her instruction.